Background to the role
We have developed a networked communications strategy at Lankelly Chase as we feel that some of the most important connections in a social system arise when people who share a connection talk to others in their network, who then talk to others in their network. And so, it continues.
This approach enables us to extend our reach beyond the existing community, so that more and more people want to, know how to and are free to change the systems that perpetuate severe and multiple disadvantage.
A key communications aim is to continually strengthen ties with this network and to empower people to amplify stories particularly of people whose voices are missing from current conversations. Another is to utilise a variety of communication methods and platforms to share ideas, learning and insights that make systems change real and understandable.
To help us deliver our aims, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Communications Officer to join our small communications team at Lankelly Chase. This work is at the heart of the organisation as we support our partners and the work they do to shine. It can be fast paced, always varied and is a great opportunity to grow and learn.
Though ideally full time, we are open to applicants who may wish to work part time or flexibly, and this can be discussed. Please see the job description and person specification for full details but here are some of the types of tasks that will make up the role.
- Support the delivery and development of Lankelly Chase digital channels including email communications, website, social media channels
- Assist the Communications Manager with the creation and development of content in a variety of ways such as videoblogs, short films, audio and the written word
- To support the production of content that clearly demonstrates our mission and objectives for use across all platforms including digital, print and verbal
- Supporting partners to produce and deliver relevant content for projects / case studies / website
- Respond to requests for information and materials from partner organisations or individuals
- Ensure brand guidelines are adhered to in all external communications produced by third parties
- Assist Communications Manager with general press activity including writing press releases and responding to requests
- Support in capturing content from events
- Project management support
- Admin support to Communications Manager
- Responsible for maintaining up to date contact information for communications including event attendees, newsletter subscriptions etc
- Events management including sourcing venues, delivering the look and feel, organising invites, managing invite list
- Monitor press coverage and maintain an archive of press cuttings relating to Lankelly Chase and its partners.
- Using tools such as Google Analytics to produce monthly reports on communications activity including website and social media stats alongside our reach at events
- Assist Communications Manager in keeping abreast of developments in digital marketing, and suggest and champion new ways of working
- Keep abreast of developments in the severe and multiple disadvantage sector. Present and share data, opinions and news, and use to inform our work when relevant.
If you feel you could flourish in this role and contribute to our mission then please send a CV and covering letter, addressing the points in the person specification, to:
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, 17th September 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted later that week.
Due to unforeseen circumstance, we have had to change the interview dates from Thursday 27th to Friday 28th September. We can also schedule some for Monday 1 October if helpful. Please indicate in your application if you are unable to attend for interview on either of these dates.
As we are anticipating a large number of applications for this role, we will unfortunately be unable to give feedback to any candidates who are not shortlisted.