Even though we aren’t able to accept unsolicited funding applications it still feels important to give a sense of how our funding process works.
We don’t have one catch-all funding process. Instead, we use a mixture of open call-outs, targeted commissions, devolved funding to specific places and lots of conversations through a variety of networks.
Each of these methods has a slightly different process but we normally follow five steps:
- Start with a conversation or two, to share experiences and approaches.
- Invite you to share a proposal with us via the written word, a video or audio, telling us about your work, who is involved and how you plan to implement it.
- If we are co-producing the proposal with you we might come back with feedback before the final version. This is less likely to be the case in our open call-outs to smaller funding pots.
- Our staff team, or one of our local coordination teams, will decide on the outcome of the proposal.
- We’ll let you know our answer. Depending on that answer, we’ll work out the next steps together.